Supervising Physicians in Teaching Settings
The Supervising Physicians in Teaching Settings Web page is a central location for Supervising Physicians in Teaching Settings information coming from WPS Medicare. The page also contains links to important CMS Resources. For general information regarding issues that affect all providers, sign up to receive WPS Medicare eNews by selecting the eNews link in the top right corner of this web page.
Policy and Coverage
There is no specific policy for Supervising Physicians in Teaching Settings. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) includes Teaching Physician Services information in CMS Internet-Only Manual (IOM) Publication 100-04, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 12.For other policy and coverage information, visit the following Websites:
- WPS Medicare Policy Home Page
- CMS Internet-Only Manuals (IOM) Web Page
- CMS Medicare Coverage Center
- CMS National Coverage Determinations (NCD) Manual
WPS Medicare Articles and Resources
Please visit our Evaluation and Management Resource page for additional information that may pertain to this topic.
- Evaluation and Management Services Guide
- 1995 Evaluation and Management Documentation Guidelines
- 1997 Evaluation and Management Documentation Guidelines
- Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Matters Articles
- Guidelines for Teaching Physicians, Interns, and Residents Fact Sheet