The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services continually encourages contractors to have providers and their staff use self-service tools. WPS Medicare continues to strive to develop and improve our self-services to decrease providers cost and time spent contacting WPS Medicare.
- Calculators/Tools provide the ability to calculate dates and functions for several Medicare tasks and/or functions.
- Claims/Eligibility Tools contains information about checking claim information over the Internet using the CMS Secure Net Access Portal (C-SNAP) or over the phone using the Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
- CMS / External Links provides links to some of the most popular and most useful sections of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) website.
- Modifiers offers guidance on the appropriate use of modifiers.
- Provider Specialties/Services provides information directed to particular specialties or types of service.
- Tips for First Time Visitors
- Website Updates provides information about recent changes to the WPS Medicare website.
What are Self-Service Tools?Self-service tools are a way for providers to access Medicare information and education 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at a time most suitable to their schedule and at their own pace. The tools allow the user quick and easy access to the most current Medicare information.
Advantages to Self-Service Tools
- Not limited on the time and number of inquiries allowed.
- Available when you are ready to have your questions answered.
- No wait, or hold time.
- Easy answer for non-complex issues
- Multiple users at one time
- Most current information available
General Self-Service Information
- Self-Service - Beneficiary website
- Self-Service - The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) website
- Self-Service - CMS Medicare Learning Network (MLN)
- Self-Service – Communiqué
- Self-Service – eNews
- Self-Service - Medicare Remit Easy Print (MREP) Software
- Self-Service - Resources
- Self-Service - Site Map
- Self-Service - The WPS Medicare website
Page Last Updated: Wednesday, 17-Apr-2013 15:04:15 CDT